20100903

a mixed day


Tried swapping the ogg soundfile I put in place yesterday for a mono one, on the off-chance that that would magically fix the problem.  I didn't think it would work and it didn't, so I will return to synthesis and see where we can get to with that.  Tomorrow.  Just not in the mood for focussing on code text.

Instead here's a thing a made in Max for fun with this picture I did last night.

the picture is a photo taken on Monday with a Nikon compact thing, and colour adjustment was done in Preview...

I've put a 4sec clip on viemo: http://vimeo.com/14684892
but thought I'd also see what happens if you add a video with of unusual dim (512 by 30 pixels) here on blogger:


what happens is that the audio gets completely wrecked by their compression, no surprise I guess.  Oh and the size of the embedded player was set by editing the html -- adding 41pixels for their playbar thing.

writing 'thing' a lot today...

The raw video is here now too (~2.4MB). 

if only there were just a <video> tag or . . . (sorry, sarcasm is less than becoming)

I'll go back to hacking at html 5 in the morning, rather than leaving it to the end of the day when rambling seems to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment