20100905

Day 5: Processing (and a lemon)

Today I have been playing with Processing.  I perhaps should have just gone with this as the creativepact topic of choice because it has been on my to do list for about 3 years... 

I have been writing the code in Processing itself -- to alleviate some of the distractions of working via JavaScript via html...

I have not written in Java before, but have used C and C++, so the learning curve is not too bad: mostly a case of responding to the errors.  I gave up on a multidimensional array after three attempts, and wrote a class instead, perhaps a more useful thing to practice.

When I was finally happy that it worked in a complete enough way to call it finished for the day, an 'Assertion failure' error started flashing up.  I think it's related to this:

http://processing.org/bugs/bugzilla/1564.html

so I am just ignoring it for now, it's definitely not caused by my code because changing one value over and and over will sometime through the error sometimes not, for a particular value given...

Lastly, the result has been shared at http://hascanvas.com/sdf101 -- click and drag to redefine the lines.

Oh, and here's a photo, taken today, of a lemon with a hook shaped abnormality:


No comments:

Post a Comment